Welcome
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Dear Blog
I have abandoned you for long.
University is even more busier than JC, with endless assignments, projects and presentations due every week.
Nonetheless, I am glad I am enjoying my life in uni. My CCAs have really given me much more than the time and effort I spent in them. I learn to understand other people more, to think in their own shoes and also, to coordinate with people.
Today is Chinese New Year Eve. I finally got a breather, and that is why I am here writing to you.
This year's New Year Eve is unlike the previous. Both of my grandparents have passed away and therefore, there is no reunion dinner so as to speak. I finally realise the meaning of cherishing something only when it is gone. I have always treated reunion dinners as a norm, something that will happen every year. We will sit in this big round table, eating all the delicious cuisines my grandmother spent time cooking. Every year's dishes are the same but I never got tired of them. Then, we would start to lao yu shen together, saying all the auspicious words.
I miss the smiles on our face, two years ago in that big round table in my grandparents' house.
I miss how we will always take food to put on each other's plates.
Such simple things. Yet, it seems impossible now.
I will have to treasure every moment with my loved ones. I don't want to regret again.
now you notice i talk a lot!
